What this blog is about:

My journey to making Jesus my Pearl; turning away from the thinking of this world and finding my identity and joy in Christ alone.



Matthew 13:44-46

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."


Friday, March 6, 2009

God answers Prayer!


Sometimes we have tears of sorrow, times of confusion, moments of uncertainty; times we wake up in the night and cry out to God to intervene and make His way clear.

Tonight I stay up late wanting to praise Him. I cry tears of joy and gratitude for the way I see Him moving in mighty ways in so many situations. Situations I have cried out to Him about; either for myself or on behalf of others. I have learned to believe that He will indeed move; He will act when we pray according to His will and trust Him.

I am in awe tonight as there are 4 different situations that I have cried out in prayer to the Lord about in the last month. Things I knew HE had stirred in my heart; and now all at once He is moving mightily in all 4 of those situations! I think the precious thing to me, that has moved my spirit to such emotion, tonight is the confirmation of knowing His voice. Knowing promises He made to me and claiming them! Knowing things He stirred in my heart to pray about for others dear to me and seeing Him intervene. The blessing of believing and seeing Him faithfully come through!
He is a God of wonder.
The following worship song says it all:

“Lord, You are beautiful beyond description.
Too marvelous for words.
Too wonderful for comprehension.
Like nothing ever seen or heard!

Who can grasp Your infinite wisdom?
Who can fathom the depths of Your Love?
You are beautiful beyond description -
Majest enthroned above!

And I stand, I stand, in awe of You.
I stand, I stand in awe of You.
Holy God, to whom all praise is due,
I stand In awe of You.”

Lord ~ I stand in awe of You!
Thank you.
Joanna

“The eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers.” 1 Peter 3:12a

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joanna! Thanks so much for this post. God is so good! Thanks so much for your prayers. I'm still praying for you and will respond to your email soon.

    Melissa : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Please note: All photos or images on this blog are either my own photography, ones understood to be public domain images, or ones used with permission.
 
ss_blog_claim=74d49b7f6cc3d69cebfbd1b1d7dd8739