What this blog is about:

My journey to making Jesus my Pearl; turning away from the thinking of this world and finding my identity and joy in Christ alone.



Matthew 13:44-46

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."


Saturday, August 1, 2009

Thrifty Finds

Thrifty: careful management of one's money or resources; economical; frugality; thriving; prospering.

I had a great time this morning hitting my local thrift store for 50% day! For those who have not yet embraced the idea of entering a thrift store you are missing out!

The following were a couple of my finds:
Love the blouse! So dressy and black ribbon ties in a bow in back.
Price $2.50

Black Skirt - bought previously at the same thrift store.
Price $1.50



Cute brown fitted top. Price $2.50
Jean skirt previously bought at same thrift store. Price $1.50
I was also so excited to find some nice long church dresses for my oldest daughter ~ all at $1.50 each!


Being thrifty is something that is important to my husband and I.
He has always been very frugal in doing our grocery shopping. (Yes, he does the grocery shopping by choice - and I'm not complaining! What a blessing!) We have also come to realize, especially in the last year, how much nice quality clothing and other items we can get at second hand stores. It's amazing how much money is saved! It's clear in the Bible God wants us to manage our money well and I think this is a great way to do that.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I've got to find me a thrift store in my area, don't I? How neat! Two outfits for 8 bucks?? Where have I been? I think it time to set my pride aside and go shopping where I can afford to. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoy thrift shops! We have one in our area that has a monthly $1.00 bag sale where you can stuff everything you can into a bag for only $1.00. I don't often get to go on those days but finally did last month and found some really good clothes. None as pretty as your finds though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful outfits!Pity the concept (thrft stores) hasn't arrived here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Please note: All photos or images on this blog are either my own photography, ones understood to be public domain images, or ones used with permission.
 
ss_blog_claim=74d49b7f6cc3d69cebfbd1b1d7dd8739