What this blog is about:

My journey to making Jesus my Pearl; turning away from the thinking of this world and finding my identity and joy in Christ alone.



Matthew 13:44-46

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."


Saturday, February 27, 2010

A book worth reading

I have been attending a Ladies Bible Study that is going through this book. It is a great book. Just thought I'd pass along. You can click on the link below to order it.





72966: Lies Women Believe: And the Truth that Sets them FreeLies Women Believe: And the Truth that Sets them Free

By Nancy Leigh DeMoss / Moody Publishers


We are like Eve. We have all experienced defeats and failures, trouble and turmoil. We have all experienced a selfish heart, a shrewish spirit, anger, envy and bitterness. And we ache to do things over, to have lives of harmony and peace. In Lies Women Believe, Nancy Leigh DeMoss exposes those areas of deception most commonly believed by Christian women:
  • Lies about themselves: I should not have to live with unfulfilled longings.
  • Lies about sin: I cannot walk in consistent victory over sin.
  • Lies about their marriage: If I submit to my husband, I will be miserable.
  • Lies about their emotions: I can't control my emotions.
  • Lies about their circumstances: I just can't take any more.
She sheds light on how we can be delivered from bondage and set free to walk in God's grace, forgiveness, and abundant life. Lies Women Believe offers the most effective weapon to counter and overcome Satan's deceptions---God's truth.

1 comment:

  1. This book is really awesome... I like Nancy Leigh Demoss because she is not affraid to say some hard things that are not popular in this day and time, but it right in line with God's word...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Please note: All photos or images on this blog are either my own photography, ones understood to be public domain images, or ones used with permission.
 
ss_blog_claim=74d49b7f6cc3d69cebfbd1b1d7dd8739