(originally posted on my homeschooling blog November 14, 08)
If you read my previous post you know what God has been doing in my heart.
Yesterday I chose to respond in obedience. I went through all my clothes. This took a lot of time. I ended up getting rid of the majority of my clothes! Some will find it extreme but the standard God has placed on my heart for myself is to wear skirts and dresses that are calf to ankle length, no pants or shorts, no tank tops, no low neck lines, nothing clingy or drawing inappropriate attention. Some would question, like my husband did, why no pants? Can't you be modest in pants? Some pants, I think, yes. However, what women does not try on a pair of pants and look in the mirror to see how the back view looks?! We know people look at that part of us. Besides that though, in reading a lot of articles on this subject and praying about it, God has really impressed it on my heart how much of a loss of femininity there is in our society. The world is trying to make the differenciation between man and woman non existent, along with our purpose and calling. The feminist movement has blurred our thinking greatly. I am ready to be a lady!
Once again, please remember, I am radically changing my way of dress because it is something God has clearly put on my heart.
It is not something being forced upon me by any Church or legalistic rules. For me, I believe the external change is part of a major internal change.
Please do not think that I think this change will make me better than another Christian woman, or that because God is requiring this change in my life that that means I think you are required to do it too. This is a heart issue for me.
Currently
2 months ago










I love the last 2 points you made in this post. It is not something any church is putting on you... I think people need to realize this about you being pleasing to the Lord. I know because I also struggle with this... And I agree it's not something that makes you better than anyone else. It's crazy how you can feel like an outcast with christians because of these things...
ReplyDelete