A tribute to my Grandma Helen Matilda
She was a child of God, a wife, and a mother who raised 8 children.
She worked hard on their farm and money was little. She knew what hard work was and her luxuries were none. She had no indoor toilet, but walked to an outhouse. She did the laundry by hand and had to heat & bring water for bathing. She gardened & canned, sewed and painted. Her clothing was modest & her hair not of current fashion. She loved her husband and stood lovingly by him during his years of alzheimers, though he came to not know who she was. She went on to Glory, with her children at her side, proclaiming her love for her family and her salvation through Christ.
She was not perfect, as neither I shall ever be, but she was a daughter of the King, a Mother that was loved, and a Grandmother I wish I'd known better.










No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!