I recently bought the book "Passionate Housewives Desperate for God" written by Jennie Chancey and Stacy McDonald. I had no idea when I ordered the book who these authors were so I found it especially neat when I received the book and read that Jennie Chancey is the editor of LadiesAgainstFeminism.com. For it was articles I had read from that website that God initially used to begin challenging my thinking! I also didn't know what all was covered in this book beforehand and I know now it was the Holy Spirit that prompted me to purchase it.
My quest has been to leave the thinking of the world behind and find my identity in Christ. The authors show the ways our culture and feminism has caused us to not grasp what God's sacred role is for us as wives and mothers. Chapter two is titled "You mean it's not about me?". This chapter is about dying to self and trusting God to satisfy us, as only He can. Chapter 3 is titled "Embracing your Sacred Calling". Stacy uses a lot of scripture to share God's commands for us as women and what Biblical womanhood & motherhood look like. This chapter alone is worth buying the book for.
In the last couple days I've read the first 3 chapters. My husband laughed, as he sat close by reading, at the sound of my highlighter humming along. I think I've highlighted half the book so far! These two ladies clearly and with great passion share God's glorious, high calling for us as women. To me this is a must read! This book will inspire you, encourage you, affirm you, and spur you on to becoming all that God intended for you to be. You will want nothing more than to be a Housewife bringing glory to God.
You can purchase the book at this link: Passionate Housewives Desperate for God










No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!