What this blog is about:

My journey to making Jesus my Pearl; turning away from the thinking of this world and finding my identity and joy in Christ alone.



Matthew 13:44-46

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."


Monday, December 8, 2008

Two weeks in a dress Day 2

(originally posted on my homeschooling blog November 11, 08)
This is my 2nd day of the "Two weeks in a dress Challenge". I wanted to share a couple more links I've read that have challenged me: (see below)
The first story & the photo of the "P." family brought tears to my eyes. In my heart, my spirit said "This is the way it should be." So, I will be praying in the next two weeks if this is a permanent change God is calling me to make.
I will admit it scares me to seriously think & pray about this. I realize all in my wardrobe that would have to go, my husband's lack of enthusiasm about me needing to purchase new clothes, and mostly what will other's think? Would I be looked at as legalistic? Would people think I was extreme? I am going to pray about it, look into the Bible, have my husband read these articles that have convicted me and ask him to also pray about it. If God has stirred your heart on this matter please feel free to share in the comments section. Thanks!
Daughters of the King

A week in a dress


Old Fashioned Lady


A short letter that says quite well what is being impressed on my heart:
God Pleasing Attire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Please note: All photos or images on this blog are either my own photography, ones understood to be public domain images, or ones used with permission.
 
ss_blog_claim=74d49b7f6cc3d69cebfbd1b1d7dd8739