(Originally posted on my homeschooling blog on November 10, 08)
I've been challenged by different things I've read regarding the loss of femininity & modesty in todays culture. I have decided to do a "Two weeks in a dress" challenge. For the next two weeks, starting today, I will wear modest dresses, jumpers, or skirts & tops while at home or about.
I know that if I'm honest with myself that when I see women around town dressed modestly I do look at them differently. I look at them in a way I'd like to be looked at! I automatically have more respect for them, I consider them to be women of virtue, integrity & depth. I am more likely to speak to them, and although their attire might be what drew my attention, it causes me to be interested in them as a person, not in their clothing.
I want to see how it affects me to dress more modestly & feminine. I also want to see if others treat me differently.
Anyone care to join me?? Feel free to share your thoughts and leave a comment!
The following link (scroll down on it) provides a lot of opinions & articles on this subject. Modest & Feminine
Currently
2 months ago










I was walking with my friend once, a few eyars ago, and this woman came running from a vehicle, and she said "I can tell just by the way you're dressed that you're Christians, I like it." And that very same day, we were in a bookshop and the sale lady mentioned how 'refreshing' it was to see 'girls' dressed 'in a feminine way' and not in pants. It was very encouraging. Sad to say, this is the same friend who stopped covering her head...and also wears trousers again.
ReplyDelete