I have a plaque on my kitchen wall that says "Make time for the quiet moments, as God whispers and the world is loud." I'd always loved it but now I don't think it's true that God whispers. I think His voice is loud and clear; we're just listening to too many voices to focus on His.
In seeking to put the world behind me I am throwing off the lies it has told me, the influence it has had upon me and shutting out it's voice. My ears are now tuned in to my Maker and I'm hearing Him clearer than ever!
Isaiah 30:19b & 21
19b "How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. 21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."
Zechariah 13:9b "They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.' "
The following are lyrics to a song I wrote recently about a special conversation with my Lord:
When He Spoke to Me
I went before my King today.
I had so much to say.
A lot of questions on my mind;
An answer to find.
I spoke without fear.
I knew my God would hear.
Yet, it took me by surprise
And tears flowed from my eyes …
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(CHORUS)
when He spoke to me.
I heard His voice with such surety.
Not a question in my mind.
Not a doubt of any kind.
Oh, He spoke to me
I heard His voice with such clarity.
Not a whisper in the wind
But the strong voice of a friend.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You’re the God who created man
Who holds the world in His hand
Yet you heard my humble plea
And chose to answer me.
Jesus, it’s you that I praise
To You my hands I raise
For you heard my heartfelt cry
And tears flowed from my eyes…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(CHORUS)
When You spoke to me
I heard your voice with such surety.
Not a question in my mind.
Not a doubt of any kind.
Oh, You spoke to me
I heard Your voice with such clarity.
Not a whisper in the wind
But the strong voice of a friend.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(closing)
You’re the Beginning and the end
Yet You choose to be my friend.
Oh, You spoke to me….
© 2009 Joanna W.
http://makingJesusmypearl.blogspot.com
Momma Jo










No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!