What this blog is about:

My journey to making Jesus my Pearl; turning away from the thinking of this world and finding my identity and joy in Christ alone.



Matthew 13:44-46

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."


Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Called to Cover Prayer Support

When God first put it on my heart to cover my head it took great courage to be obedient! There was no one around me, in my family, or church who could relate to what God had put on my heart. It was so uplifting when God brought encouragement and support to me from readers of this blog; Christian women who could actually relate and were praying for ME! How humbling and special that was to me. I needed them right then. (Thank you! Thank you!)

If God has stirred in your heart to cover and you are feeling alone, be encouraged! Through this blog alone it has become very apparent to me that God is stirring in the hearts of many Christian women through out the United States to cover their head!

In the last few days different women have contacted me sharing their stories and asking for prayer support. That prompted a desire in me to have this blog also be a place of prayer support. So, today I am adding a "Called to Cover Prayer Support" list to this blog.

If God has put it on your heart to cover your head and you desire prayer support from myself & other Christian women who can relate please contact me via the contact button in the right side bar. Please give me your name, rather that be your real name or your username (God knows who you are!) that you'd like listed on the prayer list and share briefly how you would most appreciate being prayed for. If you want to share where you are from, feel free to include that also.

I will never forget a reader, who I consider a friend, who shared of how she sat at her desk fervently lifting me up in prayer, asking God to put it on my husband's heart to support me in covering my head. She was crying out to God on behalf of me; someone she only knew from an internet connection! That moved me AND God answered her prayer! As Christian women, sisters in Christ, we have more than an internet connection, much more, we have a spiritual connection! Let's support one another and lift each other up in prayer.

I hope to add other prayer groups in the future.
Blessings,
Momma Jo

5 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous idea! Are you going to post the list so we can all pray for the people on the list?
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather... Yes, once I get some official requests to be added to the list I will post a list that readers can view and share in praying for.
    "Momma Jo"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. This is a wonderful idea.Can I ask you a question. Do you cover your head all the time (ie. in the belief that one is always praying?) or do you do it at church, during worship (in the belief that Paul was talking about covering during church services-seeing as he continues to talk about communion after that?)I recently cut my hair (i stopped processing it and left it antural) after I felt it was the 'right' length (for an African, of course) to look feminine.And I cover my head during worship.Thank you for blogging. You're the first blogger I've found who also covers their head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to write a post about my heart on this today.... I feel drawn to covering my head, but not quite sure if it's a conviction or not... I'll go write about it now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thandi,
    I currently do cover my head from when I get up until I go to bed BUT in all honesty that is NOT because I felt certain that was the command.. just because I personally felt a desire to do it at all times; as a constant reminder to myself that I am under the authority of God.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Please note: All photos or images on this blog are either my own photography, ones understood to be public domain images, or ones used with permission.
 
ss_blog_claim=74d49b7f6cc3d69cebfbd1b1d7dd8739