
If the Holy Spirit has clearly put a calling upon your heart, Do not be afraid; obey him. Satan wants us to be fearful and fretful. He wants us to worry about the opinions of man.
Last night I read a short line from from Isaiah 49:25 that I found to be so powerful. It says: "... I will contend with those who contend with you."
Do you know what contend means? Contend means to strive in combat, to argue, debate, or fight against. We can stand strong in convictions the Lord has put on our heart; we needn't argue, fight or debate with anyone, rather rest in peace knowing the Lord will contend with those who contend with us!
The following video contains some excellent Bible verses regarding fear:










I've been reading your blog for a while now... its very uplifting and inspiring! I've been covering full-time for about four months and the scripture about God battling with those who battle against us really spoke to me. Too often I try to avoid conversations about my covering or only tell half-truths about it... I need to keep my chin up and be honest because God has my back on this! Thank you for your post... it really has convicted me.
ReplyDeleteMerci Bien!
Deedee,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for reading... I'm glad my journey is inspiring you. I am encouraged to hear that that particular verse spoke to you! It really spoke to me in taking this step of courage and obeying the call God put on my heart to cover. I really hoped it would be of encouragement to the headcovering friends I am meeting through this blog! God has our back! :) Thanks so much for sharing!
Blessings to you!
"Momma Jo"
Thank you for such an encouraging post. Im on my journey to becoming more modest and Ive recently had convictions to start covering. My mind has been filled with thoughts like "But people wont understand" or "they will laugh".. I need not worry about what they think and Ive been trying to tell myself that. Thank you for telling me this. Its just what I needed to hear.
ReplyDelete