
Yes children occupy your time, they cost you money and they test your patience but did you know...
time with them is a treasured gift, they are a reward worth more than any money, and they will refine you to be more than you ever would have been?
Psalms 27:3-5 says:
"Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate."
God clearly says in His book, His guidebook for our lives, that children are a heritage, a reward, a blessing. Sadly, this seems to be the only blessing Christians no longer desire to embrace. Why would we choose to turn away blessings?
Sadly, the first 3 reasons listed above (time, money, lack of patience) are the reasons many Christians decide after a child or two that they are "done".
Why would we think our time and money is better spent on something other than a child?
Do we realize that the people with 7 children that seem so patient are only more patient than we are because God has used their children to refine them and give them more patience than they originally had?
Are the people with a "quiverfull" of children more wealthy than us or have they just learned that if they obey and trust God, He will provide?
God said to multiply and fill the Earth and subdue it. Think if Christians embraced the fact that God says children are a blessing and it is a reward to have quiverfull of them... think of the army of Christian children we could be raising up. Think of how much more quickly the command to "go into all the world and preach the gospel" could be fulfilled? Think of the impact we could have for the Lord's kingdom.
I think satan has got to be quite thrilled that Christians have embraced the idea of birth control!
I believe we have chosen the ways of the world; We think we know what is best.
Isaiah 55:8-9 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."










I enjoyed reading your thoughts on this - well said.
ReplyDeleteBethany
My quiver broke.
ReplyDeleteMomma Jo, I am so glad to see this posting. This has been on my mind a lot lately, too. I was on the pill through the first couple of years of my marriage and within the past few months have felt that by doing so I was saying that what I want for my life is more important than what God wants for me. I immediately stopped taking BC and told my husband that I was doing so and why I feel so strongly about it. Unfortunately, he hasn't felt the same conviction. For now we have decided that I would no longer take BC since I am to be in submission to God's will, and my husband will be responsible for it (since I cannot force him to have children, obviously). Your story about how your husband came full circle regarding your headcovering was really inspiring to me, and I've been praying that my husband will also have a change of heart regarding BC. He loves children and wants them, but says that he is either "not ready" or that it's "not the right time." Would you mind praying for us on this subject since I know you feel as I do about it? I'm sorry also if it sounds as though I am talking my husband down- that is not my intention. His opinion is simply different than mine, and unfortunately it's a pretty big subject!
ReplyDeleteKristin,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing what God is stirring in your own heart and for sharing your situation and prayer request. I will pray for you! (I already have!) You are right this is a big subject. It sounds like you are handling it wisely to be obedient to what God has put on your own heart and yet respectful to your husband. I'm trusting God will work in your husband's heart on this issue. God is faithful!
Blessings to you!
Thanks for reading & sharing.
Sincerely,
Momma Jo