"Passionate Housewives Desperate for God"
by Jennie Chancey and Stacy McDonald
I can't recommend this book enough! The following are some excerpts from Chapter 6 titled "Mamas, Don't let your Babies grow up to be Housewives"
"Christian teachers urge daughters to follow the career track so they won't "waste" their God-given talents, making homemaking and child-training sound like a last resort or a backwater for women with few talents"...
However.... "Dozens of secular and religious writers have published books documenting the deplorable state of American children-children who need their own mommies and daddies caring for them at home, not just another institutional solution of government program."... "First, we have traded the clear teachings of the Bible for "hip" and "relevant" platitudes that affirm worldliness instead of confronting it."
"You want to watch a culture self-destruct? Eliminate the fathers, make the mothers neglect their children, and teach everyone to forsake the weak, the needy, and the elderly."
~Jennie Chancey
Currently
2 months ago










I have heard a lot of good about that book - I must get myself a copy! Thanks for the recommendation.
ReplyDeleteI love this book as well! In fact, I'm doing a chapter by chapter book study of it over at my blog if you would like to check it out! Also, Stacy McDonald, one of the authors, has a wonderful blog at http://yoursacredcalling.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteStacy featured my study on her blog, and I would LOVE if some other women would join me. If you are interested, let me know!
I just finished reading this book and LOVED it also! There were so many things in it that inspired and encouraged me and also convicted me! I am so thrilled to have found your lovely blog!
ReplyDeleteI'm in the process of reading this myself. So far, it's really good! Check out the documentary called, The Monstrous Regiment of Women. Jennie Chancey and Stacey McDonald are both in it and it's really good! monstrousregiment.com
ReplyDelete