What this blog is about:

My journey to making Jesus my Pearl; turning away from the thinking of this world and finding my identity and joy in Christ alone.



Matthew 13:44-46

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."


Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A prayer in the night...

It seems God often wakes me up at night when my heart is not right with Him. In those times my spirit is not at rest so I guess my body cannot be. I awoke last night and got up and went down to the family room to get things right with my Lord. I knew I'd drifted in the last couple weeks spiritually. My eyes had not been fixed fully on the Lord each day. I allowed self to get in the way. I got sidetracked in my run after Him. I was restless and unsettled. There is no peace when my heart is not right with Him. I have found that it is valuable for me to write down my prayer to the Lord.

This was my prayer in the night:

Lord,
Forgive me. Life has become about me again.
At some point this month I closed the door of humility and
opened the flood gates of pride and arrogance.

I took my eyes off you Lord and I began to run aimlessly.
Without your direction my steps faltered.
I lost my way.

Lord, forgive me.
I don't want to wander. Please reign me in.
Firmly guide and correct me.
When I begin to lose my way pick me up and hold me tightly.

Lord, I want to be your devoted servant.
Remind me of my lowly state.
You are grand, Oh Lord.
I am small and unworthy.

Lord fill me again with humility and gentleness.
May I be an instrument of peace;
brimming with Your joy
and overflowing with grace and mercy.

As a new day dawns Lord
I want to follow hard after You.
May I awaken to the new day singing Your praises;
refreshed by Your presence.
May I serve you with devotion and adoration.

Thank you my Lord for your steadfast,
unfailing love and forgiveness.
Thank you that You do not give up on me.
Please continue to complete Your work in me!

Your child,
Joanna

"...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6



This song came to mind when writing this prayer.
Is this not what our prayer should be?
(scroll down to bottom of blog and stop music player before trying to play this)

May this be my heart cry and yours!
Blessings,
Momma Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Please note: All photos or images on this blog are either my own photography, ones understood to be public domain images, or ones used with permission.
 
ss_blog_claim=74d49b7f6cc3d69cebfbd1b1d7dd8739