God has blessed us not only with an excellent Pastor but also a Pastor's wife that is such a gifted teacher and has a heart for teaching women.
This past week she taught a devotional time at our Ladies Night and I wanted to share a few brief notes I took down from that time because I think they are a needed reminder for many: (Thanks Andrea!)
1) God is in control even when I'm suffering (endure hardship, be steadfast, remain hopeful - Luke 18 "Always pray & don't lose heart")
2) God is in control even when it's midnight... (It may not seem God is going to come to our aid but He will... he may come at midnight when we think all hope is lost)
3) God is in control even when our faith is weak. (God values our faith but His activity does not ultimately depend on our faith)
4) Because God is in control I don't have to be.
It is when we are broken that we are most obedient and sensitive to the Lord's whisper. Brokeness is the shattering of a person's will so that every response is under the control of the Holy Spirit. When we are broken and yielded to Him completely He can gently lead us.










Oh how I needed to hear these words today! My faith is truly being tested lately, my broken heart wants to say that I have been forgotten yet I know that He is still here and at work I just cant seem to see or understand His ways or purposes!
ReplyDeleteYes, God is always in control and still on his throne. Nice music. Your blog gives me inspiration.
ReplyDelete