What this blog is about:

My journey to making Jesus my Pearl; turning away from the thinking of this world and finding my identity and joy in Christ alone.



Matthew 13:44-46

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."


Monday, May 4, 2009

I want to be a godly mother! Thank you for encouragement Lord!

I recently received one of the best compliments. Two different people came up to me seperately and said they could tell from watching me that I was a godly mother! Do you know how encouraging that was? Now these were two ladies that do NOT know me well - have not been around me much. Therefore, I knew that they do not know my failures; they have not seen me when I'm not a godly mother! Yet, it was so encouraging to know that somehow in the brief amount of time they have known me they both saw God shining through in my mothering! I know I am not the one to get any credit for any godliness they have seen. Any credit/praise for that goes only to God! "Thank you Lord for allowing me the blessing of being a Mother! Thank you for letting YOUR light shine through, despite all my weaknesses & imperfections!"

If you are interested in some great resources on godly mothering check out Vision Forum and the Beauty of Motherhood Collection.

1 comment:

  1. It really is encouraging when the job we dedicate our lives to is recognized and applauded. Yes, I like you know my own failures but by the grace of God others are seeing the results that sometimes I even have a hard time seeing. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Please note: All photos or images on this blog are either my own photography, ones understood to be public domain images, or ones used with permission.
 
ss_blog_claim=74d49b7f6cc3d69cebfbd1b1d7dd8739