God has changed me so much in the last few months; put some convictions on my heart that I am passionate about. I've had some very special times with the Lord, dearer than I'd ever known. It's been a big time of learning and growth. My perspective on many things has changed so drastically. Some of these changes in thinking of which I haven't even shared with many yet. In sharing my journey here I have met so many other Christian women that can relate to the things God has stirred in my heart; Things regarding being a submissive wife with a servant's heart, being a godly mother and keeper of the home, finding the value in modesty and turning away from worldly influence, being rid of feministic thinking, the idea of courtship, "quiver-full"... and on and on. I have needed those women, like I know some of them needed me. I don't know any women who physically live close to me that have had any conviction on headcovering, felt led to grow their hair out or to embrace and take a stand for femininity to the point of only wearing dresses. It sets one apart and so being able to share and bond with other women who can relate has been very valuable to me.
However, this week God has spoken to me that yes, this has been very valuable but for now I need to take a break from the blogging world. How the hypocrite part fits in is that because in my newly stirred passion and mission to be the woman God has made me to be and is calling me to be it's easy for me to get caught up in spending a lot of time on the computer being challenged! God has stirred in me that it's now time for me to stop taking the time to read their stories/and writing mine and use that time to LIVE what God has challenged me in. Instead of telling my children just a minute (and that turning into another minute and then a half hour and so on) while I read something about being a Biblical Woman who meets the needs of her family I need to be doing it! (Not hard to miss the hypocrisy in that!) I need to use any spare moment to be: praying about how God wants to use the things He's put on my heart, serving and loving my husband, teaching and loving my children, and listening to my Lord!

So tomorrow I officially begin a month leave from blogging other than a product review I'd committed to already doing on my gardening blog) I do not doubt that Lord willing, I will return to write more because I know God has much in store for my family. I need to get ready for whatever He has for us. I hope you will return to hear the rest of the story!
Bye for now and blessings to you!
Sincerely,
Joanna aka "Momma Jo"










Hey Joanna, I totally agree with you. I often can spend so much time reading stories about how to be a Godly wife and mother that I ignore actually doing it in real life. I do this with reading books, listening to sermons online, reading blogs, etc. Good for you for listening to the Lord's direction. Hope things are going good for you. Still praying for you!
ReplyDeletehello, Joanna - please, be encouraged today to keep on doing good stuff... away from the computer! :) I've been there, and probably will be again. No need to write back - just be encouraged to continue on in Faith and even in femininity. :)
ReplyDeleteI don't know you or even how, in searching "the making of a pearl" for a gift presentation, I found myself reading this blog entry. What I do know is God used it to directly speak to a matter He is dealing with in my heart. Thank you for your obedience, it is being honored in the life of others as well.
ReplyDeleteP.S. We happen to be a homeschooling family, too.
While I don't know you or how, in searching "the making of a pearl" (for a gift presentation), I found myself reading this entry, I do know God directed it. He has used it to directly speak to me regarding a specific heart matter He's been dealing with me on. One of those stretching ones requiring a response. Thank you for your obedience- it is being honored in the life of another.
ReplyDeletep.s. we're a homeschooling family, too!
Joanna-
ReplyDeleteThank you for being so open and honest! The challenge God placed in your heart is awesome. All the best to you as you seek him!