What this blog is about:

My journey to making Jesus my Pearl; turning away from the thinking of this world and finding my identity and joy in Christ alone.



Matthew 13:44-46

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."


Monday, June 22, 2009

I return from my "computer" sabatical

I have returned from my month break from the computer world! I've got to say it was very freeing and good for me. It made me realize how much time I did spend on the computer. It suddenly seemed I had so much more time to enjoy being with my daughters. It helped me put things in priority better. I will be checking emails every couple days now (I want to make a point for it not to be daily) and will be blogging but more in spurts.

I will admit the last couple weeks I have been a little down emotionally. As I continue to have new things upon my heart and I search them out in the Bible I feel more assured in what I believe and more passionate about it! That is a wonderful blessing! It's a strange feeling and a new place in life for me though when I realize the perspective and convictions that I hold strongly are in agreement with people that others have labeled as "extreme" and "unbalanced" aka far right conservative. It's hard when you know Christians around you, that you love, see some things completely different than you. It also seems that when you have very conservative views it is automatically associated with legalism. It seems many Christians are not open to the idea that a person with a "conservative perspective" is getting those convictions from the Bible. Instead people fear or indicate you are swallowing some false doctrine.

Once again though I guess this still answers my prayer that I find my identity in the Lord alone! For when you know you are somewhat of a minority you feel a little out of place in the world (okay a lot). If this is how the Lord keeps me crying out to Him than I want to consider it a blessing.

The following is something I wrote this past week that expresses what I was feeling a few nights ago:

Lord, I know you knit me together
just the way I am.
You know the things You have put on my heart
that others do not understand.

Lord, I do know there ARE many
whose hearts are bent like mine
but right here, around me,
one is very hard to find.

Lord, in my humanness it pains me
to feel misunderstood.
Emotion and anger overtake me
Help me react the way I should.

Lord, please send a friend my way
who sees things through my eyes;
who doesn't see me as unbalanced
or out of my mind.

Lord, I prayed I'd find myself in You
and Your answer has been a blessing to receive.
For my faith has been awakened
and I am passionate in what I believe.

Lord, the part I did not expect
was that the person that I'd find
Others would think extreme
and see my views as out of line.

But, if being "extreme" is equated with
being sold out to my Maker,
than Lord, help me to accept it
and not wince at the label.

If being "unbalanced" is striving to
obey Your Word with my all,
then I'll keep pressing on arms extended,
holding on to You I know I will not fall.

copyright 2009 Joanna W.


The following song I am singing out to my Lord today.
He hears... He's told me who I am... I am HIS!
(scroll to the bottom of the blog and turn off the music player
before playing this video)

5 comments:

  1. We lived without a computer for a year while my husband was training for a position and I'm realizing how dependant I've become on mine. I needed to read this post today. I imagine we have more than these things in common (I have the same background.)
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand everything you're saying. I'm very grateful to have found women who think like I do, even if we are miles apart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is my heart cry!! It is so very lonely being without a female that is living the same reality. And instead Christians label you. I can't wait for heaven. In the post before the last I put up, I mentioned briefly how people of our religion are supposedly known for modesty yet the reality is that I feel out of place among my fellow Sisters in the church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for your blog...I too am lonely for like minded women friends,unfortunatly when I try to share how The Word has been changing me I get comments "are you ok?" ,"oh youve been reading the bible", "you are getting weird", and "thats legalistic" I know I have only God to answer to and pray daily for continued strength ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog and know what you mean.Leigh said what I would have said only better.May God be with you, bless and keep you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Please note: All photos or images on this blog are either my own photography, ones understood to be public domain images, or ones used with permission.
 
ss_blog_claim=74d49b7f6cc3d69cebfbd1b1d7dd8739