What this blog is about:

My journey to making Jesus my Pearl; turning away from the thinking of this world and finding my identity and joy in Christ alone.



Matthew 13:44-46

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."


Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Follow up "Adoption - Why not us?"

I received several comments regarding my recent post "Adoption - Why not us?" and just wanted to follow up...

I did not mean to indicate that there are not any good reasons to not adopt, as I probably came across. I have just felt challenged to be open and prayeful about anything God might desire. I wholeheartedly realize this is something that each person needs to pray about with their spouse and BOTH people need to feel good about the decision. I have prayed about it, and it's not something God has put on my husband's heart and I accept that.

Many readers pointed out that there are many ways to be supportive of orphans & adoption. Following are some links from readers:

"Tekeme Studios" buy a beautiful blog design that will support orphans!

Go to World Vision and sponsor an orphan.

Project Anna Foundation is dedicated to affecting the lives of precious orphaned children around the globe as a true beacon of light and hope.

Go to Warm Blankets Orphan Care and sponsor an orphan or give towards building an orphan home. (This is a Non profit Christian organization that I am familiar with. They are doing great things!)

Feel free to leave other suggestions in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. You are scaring me.I was telling my husband that I believe we will adopt a third child, but he thinks I'm crazy!(We're waiting for our residency permits to be granted to do mission work in Tanzania) and I told him we'll end up adopting one of the orphans they have in their orphanage. But he did concede that the most important thing for a child is a loving family.So now I come across this post...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and then there was us. We had our home study done, were waiting to adopt for a year. Nothing panned out. Then my health went down hill, majorly, the adoption money went away, and we found out one of our kids is mentally ill....God shut that door in our faces nice and tight.

    I still grieve a little bit over it sometimes, though, but I see that that "no" from God was out of his mercy towards us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Please note: All photos or images on this blog are either my own photography, ones understood to be public domain images, or ones used with permission.
 
ss_blog_claim=74d49b7f6cc3d69cebfbd1b1d7dd8739