I think I'll put my name as the first one on the "Called to Cover Prayer Support" list! :) It's an interesting journey God has me on; never knowing quite what's around the bend. But, God is teaching me so much in the process. I want to be open to whatever He desires me to do.
After some very emotional conversation last night this was my prayer to God...
Lord, I feel so misunderstood and weary tonight.
So torn between wholeheartedly desiring to be obedient and true to what the Holy Spirit has put on my heart. Yet, troubled in seeing my obedience cause such question and confusion in the minds of those around me.
Lord, I feel alone and dejected tonight.
I've gone from the mountain top of sensing your presence, hearing your voice, knowing your peace, and heeding your call with courage and steadfastness;
to the low valley where my convictions are doubted and questioned by people I love dearly.
Lord, I want to honor You. You are my heart's cry. Yet, I know You have also put others in positions of authority over me that I am to honor also.
How do I reconcile the two?
I don't want my outward appearance to be a barrier in my relationship with other believers. Yet, I've committed to obeying anything You ask of me at all costs.
Lord, please give those dearest to me peace and courage in standing behind me. May my obedience be a testimony and not a tool satan would use to cause dissension.
Lord, lastly I pray that if You have taught me what You desired to teach me, then please make it known if You now release me.
I love you Father.
~ Your child, Joanna
Currently
2 months ago










I am sorry you are going through a time of stress regarding your headcovering. I hope you and those you love can find peace within this issue. I only recently found your blog after just starting to cover - as in only the past couple of weeks. I hope you update us soon on how things are going for you.
ReplyDelete