If you read my post yesterday titled From the Mountain to the Valley you'll know I was in a valley.
Some different situations in the last few days brought about a big wake up call! It became very apparent that although I thought I had my husband's blessing in head covering, the fact is I did not. I got his go ahead, so I did go ahead. The problem is it wasn't something I'd given him time to pray about or come to peace about. I simply made my passionate plea with persistence to the point that he gave in! That my friend, was not as I somehow made myself believe, having my husband's blessing; that was simply sugar coated manipulation. Ughh.
I am a passionate person and in my desire to wholeheartedly run after Jesus and make Him my all I jumped right over my husband's position of authority and kept running! I didn't think I was out of line. I was certain of the Holy Spirit's call on my heart to cover my head and I wanted to desperately respond in obedience immediately! What could be wrong with that? The problem is I left out an important part of God's ordained order of authority: "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God."
1 Corinthians 11:3
My husband is over me. He is to be the spiritual leader. When God put it on my heart to cover my head I should have presented my convictions to my husband and then allowed him time to pray about it and allowed him to come to the decision. Even after doing so, if he'd said no I could have rested in knowing that the Lord knew my heart & my desire to obey. God would have not faulted me - my husband is to be the leader and he is accountable to the Lord for the final decision.
After some heartfelt conversation my husband and I both agreed that I need to let go of the reigns and allow him to step up and fully be the spiritual leader of our home.
I am very thankful that my husband does believe that God put it on my heart to cover my head. Under his direction I am continuing to wear the head covering. He said that just as I should not have rushed into something of this magnitude, it would also be a mistake for him to rashly make a decision for me to stop wearing it. I appreciate the wisdom in that. We are praying about it together daily and I am trusting that God will lead my husband in this matter.
Proverbs 21:1 "The king's heart is in the hand of the Lord; he directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases."
God is making this trial a blessing! He has used the very emotional conversations of the last few days to knit our hearts together more closely than ever. We are both seeking the Lord's direction together on all things at a level we never have before.
Yesterday I was singing the first verse of a song I sang solo at church growing up:
"I've just come into a valley one like I've never been before.
I keep searching for the way out, seems padlocks are on the door.
But, there must be another sunrise, another sunset that I'll see.
God will make this trial a blessing, just be patient you will see."
Today I sing the last verse:
Now I'm standing on the mountain, looking back I can see...
it was in that lowest valley His strong hand was leading me.
Oh it's good to see the sunshine and to taste sweet victory.
God has made this trial a blessing. That's the love He has for me."
The chorus I sing to each of you:
"God will make your trial a blessing though it sends you to your knees.
Though your tears flow like a river yet in Him there's sweet relief.
There's no need to get discouraged there's no need to talk defeat.
God will make your trial a blessing, just be patient you will see!"
Pressing on!
Momma Jo
Currently
2 months ago










Aw, hun. I'm so sorry you've had a rocky few days.
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to drop you a note to encourage you as you and your husband pray your way through this.
Though I've never met you, I'm praying for you.
I'll also pray for both of you. Especially for your husband, I pray he doesn't come to a decision that would cause you to disobey God in order to obey him. May He give you both light on this journey.He sounds like a very understanding manand that gladdens my heart.It's hard enough making such a decision, one that goes against everything you've grown up knowing and seeing, keep strong and be faithful, He will lead if you allow.And no matter what happens, know that you're loved.
ReplyDeleteLadies,
ReplyDeleteThank you both for your prayers and Christian love!
You are an encouragement!
~Joanna