What this blog is about:

My journey to making Jesus my Pearl; turning away from the thinking of this world and finding my identity and joy in Christ alone.



Matthew 13:44-46

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."


Saturday, January 10, 2009

What do I believe?

*Of utmost importance: I believe in Jesus Christ; That He is the Son of God. I believe He died on the cross to pay the penalty for my sins; because I believe this AND have repented of my sins and asked for His forgiveness, I have been saved! (Thank you Jesus!) It is ONLY through Jesus that I am saved. I know my Jesus will return and take His children to the eternal home He has prepared for us!

Romans 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned."
2 Cor 5:21 "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."
John 3:16-17 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."
1 Timothy 2:5,6a "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;Who gave himself a ransom for all,"
1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness"

*I believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God; He is the author. It is the source of truth and my guidebook for life.

*I believe in prayer. I believe that God hears the prayers of His children and answers according to His perfect will.
Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"
James 5:16 "…The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective"
Ephesians 6:18 "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints"

*I believe that marriage is a commitment for life between one man and one woman.
Genesis 2:24 "And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

*I believe that the husband is to be the head of the house; that a wife is to be submissive to her husband. That a woman is meant to be her husband’s help-meet (That God made woman not to compete with man but to complete him).
Ephesians 5:22-24 "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing."

*I believe a wife is to be the keeper of the home.
Titus 2:3-5 "The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."

*I believe children are a blessing from the LORD. (Sadly this is often the only blessing many Christians no longer want to embrace.)
Psalms 27:3-5 "Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate."

*I believe in homeschooling; that children are to be trained up by their parents in the knowledge of the Lord.
Isaiah 54:13 "All your children shall be taught by the Lord,
And great shall be the peace of your children."
Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it."
Deuteronomy 6:6-7 "And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up."
Please note: All photos or images on this blog are either my own photography, ones understood to be public domain images, or ones used with permission.
 
ss_blog_claim=74d49b7f6cc3d69cebfbd1b1d7dd8739