What this blog is about:

My journey to making Jesus my Pearl; turning away from the thinking of this world and finding my identity and joy in Christ alone.



Matthew 13:44-46

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."


Saturday, February 28, 2009

A chocolate cereal kind of day

My family loves chocolate. There are different degrees of chocolate lovers. I wouldn't say we are complete fanatics, (we don't have it hidden all throughout the house (like my mother in law does :) but we have a great appreciation for it!


My husband does the grocery shopping (that's a blessing!) and when he stocks up on cereal he buys a few boxes of chocolate cereal. As much as we love the chocolate cereals, I feel guilty letting our children start their day with something lacking in nutrition and so full of sugar. After all, how does something like that help their little bodies grow. The girls are often up and have eaten before he does and he says the simple solution is to feed them something else before he eats; that would make sense.

The problem is my girls know those chocolate cereals are around and they ask to have them. They plead. They beg. Could I say "No"? Yes, and sometimes I do, because I know it's not what's best for them. But, the thing is, I love to delight my children. I love how happy they are when I say "Yes!" I love how they excitedly thank me.

This got me thinking.... How much more God loves me and likes to delight me. He likes to give me chocolate cereal kind of days too! :) I'm so overjoyed and thankful when He does. But He knows having "chocolate cereal kind of days" every day isn't what will help me grow! Even when I beg and plea He has a stronger, purer love that will still say "No!". He knows what's best for me!


Thank you Lord for the days I can delight my children. Thank you even more for how much You delight in us! Thank you Lord for the "Chocolate cereal kind of days" - the ones full of sweetness. Thank you also Lord for the days that are not what we beg for; the food that's hard to swallow! It's with those days you help us grow the most and show us the fullness of Your love!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, my dear Sister!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog a while back. I have enjoyed reading your blog. I so appreciate your sweet spirit and your desire and willingness to follow hard after our Lord Jesus Christ, no matter what! He truly is our treasure!

    I am go grateful for blogs such as yours that seek to glorify Christ. It is also a blessing getting to meet precious brothers and sisters in Christ out there who I would not get to know otherwise.

    Keep pressing on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Please note: All photos or images on this blog are either my own photography, ones understood to be public domain images, or ones used with permission.
 
ss_blog_claim=74d49b7f6cc3d69cebfbd1b1d7dd8739