What this blog is about:

My journey to making Jesus my Pearl; turning away from the thinking of this world and finding my identity and joy in Christ alone.



Matthew 13:44-46

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."


Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I sing to my Lord

I love singing. I always have. Some people growing up in my small town church thought I had some singing ability, some probably thought I didn't! :) Either way I always loved doing it. I don't know if singing means the same thing to everyone. To me there is a great depth to it. I sing everyday because for me singing is one of the best ways for me to express my soul to the Lord. It's really a prayer; a heart cry. I sing to my Lord because I love Him, I need Him, and I am nothing without Him.

The following is my song of prayer and trust today in God. He is the Alpha and Omega yet He loves me dearly. He knows the emotions that have went through me in the last two weeks. He has heard my cries to Him. He has faithfully held my hand and sustained me. He knows that no matter what His plans are for me I trust Him without question. I do not always understand how He works but I KNOW He does. I have seen Him moving, working, doing wonders all around me. I trust Him completely. He is with me and I will not be afraid.
To listen to my song to God today scroll down and turn off the music player at the bottom left of the blog first. Keep in mind I went to no effort to impress with my appearance. You will see tired, puffy eyes, a pale face and a spot on my dress that you're just going to have to get past! :)


I will trust in You by Jeremy Camp:

When I can't see You I know You're there
When I can't feel You I will not fear
I will trust in You and I will not be afraid.

When the battle is close at hand
Though You're with me and help me stand
I will trust in You and I will not be afraid.

I will not be afraid
I will not be afraid
I will trust in you
and I will not be afraid.

When the darkness is close at hand
And I‘m running against the wind
I will trust in you and I will not be afraid.

When I'm standing upon that shore
All the battles I've gone before
I will trust in you, and I will not be afraid.

I will not be afraid
I will not be afraid
I will trust in you
and I will not be afraid.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful song... I like your dress, I would love to have one like this but here is impossible to find it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two young and somewhat loud children so I will have to listen again when I have some quiet time but I wanted to say this is a lovely post and thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see you:)

    Thanks for sharing your song....music is a direct connect with the soul.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Please note: All photos or images on this blog are either my own photography, ones understood to be public domain images, or ones used with permission.
 
ss_blog_claim=74d49b7f6cc3d69cebfbd1b1d7dd8739