What this blog is about:

My journey to making Jesus my Pearl; turning away from the thinking of this world and finding my identity and joy in Christ alone.



Matthew 13:44-46

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."


Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Down Here on my Knees

I came across a poem I wrote many years ago. It was a great reminder.

Down Here on my Knees
©Joanna W. December 2000

I have learned to trust in You.
I have learned You will see me through.
I have learned there is nothing better than
trusting in Your plan.

I have learned to say it's okay.
Instead of begging for my way.
You taught me to give up my will.
You taught me to just be still.

I have learned to lift up my hands.
I have learned to stop making plans.
For, once I gave up my ways
You showed me Your amazing grace.

You taught me to let go.
That there is so much I don't know.
You emptied myself of me.
You filled me up and You set me free.

You have taught me not to analyze.
That I need to see things with Your eyes.
Lord, how much clearer I see.
From down here on my knees.


I wrote that over 8 years ago. How many times in the last 8 years I have gotten up from my knees and went back to analyzing things from my feeble, human perspective; making plans based on what I wanted - being full of self!

Lord, help me to stop getting up from my knees. Make my heart remain bowed down before You! At Your feet is the only place I am free. Thank You for Your perfect plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Please note: All photos or images on this blog are either my own photography, ones understood to be public domain images, or ones used with permission.
 
ss_blog_claim=74d49b7f6cc3d69cebfbd1b1d7dd8739