A few months back a friend that I made in the blogging world had it put on her heart by the LORD to write the stories of women she had come to know who, like herself, had been led to cover their head. She saw, like I did, that she was not alone in this conviction (although it often feels that way for women led to cover) at all. She saw that there were women all around the world that in recent months had unexpectedly felt convicted to cover their head and began praying about it and searching out the scriptures. The LORD put it on her heart to write a book and share some of their stories.
The books is titled: Life as a Prayer - Recapturing the Wind of Head Covering by Michele Barnes McClendon.
It was a huge blessing to me that she asked to include my headcovering journey in the book she wrote. Some time back that book was finished and published. I was excited to have my story shared yet I'll fully admit I was nervous about it. I'd never had anything published about me in a book. I'll admit I was a little scared. What if the story written about me by someone else didn't feel like my story to me? Well, I finally bought the book. As I read the chapter written about me (chapter 3 - Joanna's Pearl) tears flowed down my cheeks. It truly was my story. I had given Michele permission to copy anything off my blog that I had written about my headcovering journey. I appreciated that she did just that. She used my words. I got to tell my own story in her book. It was an experience I've never had to read about myself in a published book. I truly knew the character - the words were so raw and piercing for me because they were my own. Thank you Michelle Barnes McClendon for sharing my story. Thank you for sharing the stories of all the women. You shared our voice with all the readers of your book! I am so full of gratitude to you for doing this.
For those of you who feel alone in your headcovering convictions get the book.
This book is not written to try to convince others to cover their head. It simply allows the voice of some women who have been there to be heard. The stories are different from one another yet I found myself so able to relate to many of the words of the other women. There were some things they said that were so exactly the thoughts of my own heart.
Thanks again M!
Currently
2 months ago










I would love to read this book! I have been following your blog for quiet some time. I am also called to cover. Where can I get this book? Is it in all the book store's now?
ReplyDeleteI am currently reading your other blogs as well, I love your story!
Thank you and God Bless you and your family!
Thanks so much for following along on my journey! You can get this book through amazon.com for $9.99 That's where I bought a copy. You are so very welcome!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Joanna