
Me, reverence my husband? by Marianne Cassell
I like old books sitting about my home - some because of what they are about, some simply because they are old and I love something that has history to it. So, I have books dispersed throughout my home as part of my decor. Today a little book caught my eye that I had sitting in a basket with some old bears. It's a small book, yellowed from age. It's not ancient or anything. The copyright is 1980 - a mere 30 years. But, my how ancient in our feministic world would many today see the thoughts of this book. If you on the other hand do not believe the lie of the world that in serving our husbands and reverencing them we are demeaning ourselves (or are at least open to considering that it's a lie) - read this book!
Someone gave me this book a few years ago. I remember reading it and being in awe of Marianne's story. I was in awe of how God took her from despising her alcoholic ex-husband to choosing to obey God and remarry him - despite that he was not a changed man. It is a powerful story of how she was able, with the LORD's guidance, to relearn love for her husband. True joy came for her when she began to complete him, respect him, praise him, honor him, and admire him. The most intriguing part of the story is although we would look at her story and think "He was the one that needed to change!" Marianne was willing to submit to the LORD and love and respect her husband AS HE WAS. When she did that the LORD used her willingness to obey HIM and complete her husband to do a mighty miracle not only in him but also in her. If you would respond to this with "Well, you don't know my husband!" than I know you have not read her story! This book is one I have sitting around because of what it's about - not because it's old or outdated. The truths in this book are just as meaningful today as they were for her 30 years ago.
This book may be somewhat hard to come by in book stores but it appears you can get a printable downloadable copy at: Marianne Cassell.com
Get a copy!










No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!