What this blog is about:

My journey to making Jesus my Pearl; turning away from the thinking of this world and finding my identity and joy in Christ alone.



Matthew 13:44-46

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."


Monday, January 5, 2009

A turning point in my life

This time in my life seems to be especially significant. It's a turning point in my thinking like I've never experienced as an adult.

If you've not read all my previous posts these are some of the changes I'm referring to:

*The switch from wearing trendier, figure flattering clothes to very modest, somewhat plain jumpers, dresses, skirts. (Not my finding value in my appearance or trying to draw attention to it & embracing femininity)
see posts regarding: "Two weeks in a dress challenge" "Out with the Old" "Finding my identity in Christ alone"

*The switch from loving having very short hair to finding my spirit grieving over it.
see post: "Why I'm growing my hair long"

*Reading 1 Corinthians 11:5-16 on head covering and having it leap at me as something of significance that I'd never even heard teaching on. (see post "What are headcoverings and why would a Christian woman wear one?")

*No longer believing in birth control: The switch from 3 years ago being fine with my husband having a vasectomy to this past year being strongly convicted that it was not a decision for us to make; grieving and repenting over not having left it in God's hands and asking Him to even now bless us with more. (posts to come)

*Switching from plannning to make & sell jewelry online to not being interested in jewelry or desiring to wear it at all. See post

*Not finding todays system of dating to be Biblical. The value in praying for God to send the one He has for you and not dating around. See post

*Truly seeing the high calling it is for a woman to be the "keeper of the home" and how much feminism has infiltrated & deceived women.

*The extent to which the man is to be the leader and final authority within the home and my purpose as his "helpmeet".

It really been an overhaul. I really am at peace in these convictions yet I was surprised to find myself so emotional in sharing some of these things with my Mom. I realized my emotion was because it was the first time in my life that I had spiritual convictions that, some of which, my family could not relate to. I've always had the same convictions as my parents. Now there are some convictions that will set me a part not only from a lot of other Christians but from my own family. I've never experienced that. It's good for me though. It's made me search the scriptures on a deeper level and seek the Holy Spirit's leading. I am finding my own identity in Him! I am asking him to give me confidence to stand strong in Him and the things He puts on my heart even when it sets me apart not only from the world but even other Christians.

1 comment:

  1. I am going through much of the same thing, so I hear your heart on this...definitely. When I began covering in the fall of last year, I described the huge inner transformation as feeling like I just had a baby. For the first time. You know how life changing THAT is! This feels VERY life-changing on a huge and very spiritual scale. It's weird: we stick out, we're peculiar and strange. I am covering even though my pastor told me it wasn't necessary...basically told me not to do it! Yet here I stand. Here we all stand. Let's support and pray for one another. We all need that so much.

    God bless you, dear one...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Please note: All photos or images on this blog are either my own photography, ones understood to be public domain images, or ones used with permission.
 
ss_blog_claim=74d49b7f6cc3d69cebfbd1b1d7dd8739